One of only 7 states in the country that offer no state income tax on wages, TN is home to The Great Smoky Mountains and Nashville, The Country Music capitol of the world. If your preference is the city life or the mountains, Tennessee offers everything.
As a whole, TN offers great property values, low property taxes and an overall healthy outdoor life. It is named a great place to retire with its benefits for those 65 and older.
- Social Security benefits are not taxed
- Property-tax relief programs for income eligible seniors 65 or older, disabled and veterans on primary residences
Even if your retirement plans are in the future and a move to the Great Smoky Mountains is something on your mind now, with no state income tax on wages and the bright future of retirement benefits, there is so much to offer here for a lifetime.
Sevier County and its encompassed cities such as Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville have great property values with the 2012 average price of homes sold being $161,870. The cost of living stays well below the national average at 11%.
The area offers a great mix of activities for all ages and a healthy outdoor living. Hiking trails are abundant from your expert hike up to the summit of Mt. LeConte to the family friendly stroll on paved trails to Laurel Falls. Douglas Lake offers camping, fishing, boating with marinas, rentals and a public beach just minutes from Sevierville. Looking for a game of golf with the men in your family? Sevier County has 5 courses for you to choose from.
Additional benefits of the area are:
- McGee Tyson Airport is about a 60 min drive
- Approximately 90 mins away is Historic Ashville, NC, home to Biltmore the largest private residence in the country
- A beautiful drive over the mountains into Cherokee, NC for Harrah’s Casino
- About a 3 hour drive will get you to Atlanta, GA to the south or Nashville, TN to the west
Tennessee has it all with its 42,180 sq. miles, rolling hills, pastures, farms, mountains, tourism, state parks, lakes and anything else you could ever ask for!